Sunday, March 22, 2015

Stitch Fix #3

I got my third Stitch Fix box yesterday! If you're reading this for the first time, check out my first blog post for more info on what Stitch Fix is. If you decide to sign up, use my referral link as it will get me credit for future boxes :)

After my last box, I requested my same stylist, Kirsten. I mentioned to Kirsten that I have a ski trip, a family reunion, 2 parties, and some overnight guests coming all in April, so it's a really busy month! I've also been pinning to my Pinterest board lots of bright colors since Spring is coming around, so I made sure to mention my craving for color.

If you are thinking about starting Stitch Fix, I'd highly recommend designating a Pinterest board for your personal style. Pin items that you think would look good on you and that you'd like to see in your boxes, and in the comment area say specifically what you like about it. The stylists usually reference your board so you know they looked at it and chose items based on that. 




When I opened my box, I saw loads of color, so I was instantly happy! Plus, a cute note from Kirsten referencing my Pinterest stuff and how she picked a bright coral piece to reflect some tops that I'd pinned recently. She also mentioned another cobalt blue attempt, as I've been having trouble finding the perfect blue top lately and requested one. I've been pinning my photos to Pinterest to help other StitchFixers see their items on someone else, as I like to see my stuff on other body types, too. I also know that some people do a little item stalking when they know their shipment is coming, so of course I'll help facilitate any future item searches from other StitchFixers.



So, here's what I got! I won't tell you my final verdict, as I'd love some input from my readers this time around. Thanks!

Item #1: 41 Hawthorn- Rosa Tab Sleeve V-neck Blouse, Coral


Really amazing color, and very bright as requested. I've never really had luck with blouses in the past, so I was a little nervous to try this one. Somehow they're always too tight and too loose at the same time. (Remember the blue top from my first fix? I thought I was going to bust through the sleeves, yet it the torso hung from me like a sack.) This one has a v-neck and a pleat in the front with tab sleeves, and I can honestly say that I don't own a single blouse anymore, so I don't have anything like it. 

 First tried with my new polka dot pants, then untucked with a cream lace skirt , then tucked with black pumps.

Ultimate decision: You tell me! I need to perfect my sleeve-rolling skills, as I see now that they looked a little sloppy. Nonetheless, I could see myself wearing this with loads of pieces in my closet.

Item #2: Loveappella- Delaney Cowl Neck Knit Top, Cobalt


Here is the much desired cobalt blue that I've been searching for so much. This is a soft almost wide-sleeveless top with a very loose cowl neck. I found myself rolling the sleeves up a bit to make it more comfortable, and I wished the cowl neck was less dramatic. I'm sure when I bend over you could see all the way through to my belly button. However, it's soft, stretchy and a good length.

 First with some bright teal pants, then white jeans and gold flats. The 2nd picture shows the true depth of the cowl neck and width of the sleeves.

So in my search for a top of this color outside of Stitch Fix, I found a reversible cobalt blue/bright green top at Express that is about $10 cheaper than this one. It has spaghetti straps and a cool high back with a keyhole cut out. I like that it's reversible, and the fit and quality is nice, but I'd have to wear it with a cardi to work, of course, so I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's a little less conservative that I'd like to be, also.

 Cobalt blue reversible top from Express. Ignore the bun.

Ultimate decision: Undecided, but loving the blue! Here is where I solicit your opinion: which one is a keeper, or should I return them both? I want to make sure what I keep is flattering and versatile, so if I should take them both back and continue my hunt, I will do that.

Item #3: Papermoon- Lexis Knit Top, Black


So, this item is definitely not black. :) I really appreciate all the color, but the pattern strikes me as very country. Of course, it has the same name as my cat, so I gave it a try!

Blah.

Ultimate decision: Spoiler alert: this is going back. I feel terrible in this top. Oh well!

 Item #4: Pixley- Marie Abstract Chevron Elastic Waist Dress, Light Pink


This is a cute, soft, flowy dress with a subtle pattern. I wasn't crazy about it right away, and I was concerned that the elastic waist would billow out and make me look chunky. However, it was pretty cute! It's different from anything I have, as light pink isn't really a color I gravitate towards often. I tend to wear jean jackets with dresses often in summer instead of cardis, so I tried it out with that.

 Alone with nude wedges, or with denim jacket and black wedges. 

Ultimate decision: You tell me. Cute, or no?

Item #5: Pixley- Florence Colorblocked Dress, Navy


Another tank dress with an elastic waist, but I like navy and the green was pretty. I know colorblocking is really in, so there's that, and this dress is casual and dressy at the same time. The thick straps make it work appropriate without a cardi, so I could wear it a million times and places. It's also somewhat neutral so I could spice it up with bright jewelry (as I did below. Too much?), cardis, shoes, whatever. However, I'm still unsure about the elastic waist and blousy-ness of these dresses. I appreciate that I could eat a big lunch and not be self-conscious, but is it a flattering look for my body type? Help a girl out!

 Just the dress, then with stone necklace and gold flats, then with yellow statement necklace for a bolder color palette. 

Ultimate decision: Help! Does this style work for me? 

So, besides realizing that I am in need of a haircut and a darker hair-tie, I have a vague idea about what I want to keep and what didn't work for me. I love Kirsten as my stylist and feel like she really gets me and listens to my wants, so I will definitely be requesting her again! (Thanks, Kirsten!!) She typically throws in a wild card that seems different from the rest of the bunch, and while the last 2 haven't worked for me (black and white skirt from #2, and patterned top from #3), it's neat to try something totally distinct from what I would normally go for. As always, this was a fun experience and I'll be doing it again! I had a $50 credit from referrals, so a shout out to Amy and my Momma for assisting in funding my purchases this month :) Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment