Saturday, February 21, 2015

Stitch Fix #2

My second Stitch Fix came today!! If you're not sure what Stitch Fix is, it's sorta like your own personal stylist who shops for you, then sends to your door the 5 items she thinks fit your style best. No shopping headache, no weeding through loads of meh clothes to find what you really like, and my personal favorite aspects, all this happens and I don't have to leave my house or speak to anyone! HOORAY! If you'd like more info, check out my first post and click my link. If you choose to do it, use that link and it will get me a referral credit :) Thanks!

So, on to the clothes! Like my first shipment, I received an adorable turquoise box with clothes packaged beautifully and a personal note from my stylist. She referenced my blog and my Pinterest page and how the items she chose fit the sort of style I've been pinning.
 
 See? So cute!
My stylist sent me 2 sweaters, a blouse, a dress, and a skirt. A pretty healthy mix of items. I had been pinning bright blues and turquoises (my favorites), some tribal prints, and chunky sweaters for an upcoming trip to Colorado. I also have a work function in March that I mentioned.

                        
... and I like this Kirsten already.

So, here's a rundown of what was in the box, and how I felt about it:

 Item #1: Gilli- Auden Ikat Print Dress, Black

 

I love the colors! It's black, white and turquoise with a sort of tribal print to it. V-neck, which is versatile, and a decent length that could easily go into Spring. I liked it a lot, so I styled it a bunch of different ways to make sure, and even went down and got hubby's opinion. 

Wide black belt & necklace.           Denim jacket, skinny belt.        Turquoise belt and tank.        Skinny belt & same necklace.

Sidenote: I finally mounted my mirror! Today, between photos 2 and 3, after taking the first pictures and realizing they were awful. It had started snowing and our skylights got blocked by snow, so we had no more light coming in the room. You can even tell the difference in light between 1 and 2! Much better pictures now :)

Ultimate decision: Possibly. I love the colors and the ikat pattern. Clearly I could wear this a bunch of ways: more conservatively for school, and without the tank for a more dressy occasion. Plus, hubby approved. However, I'm still not sure that it's flattering on me, so I'd love to hear your opinion. Should I keep it? Which look is best?

 

Item #2: Fun2Fun- Janina Split Neck Tulip Sleeve Blouse, Cobalt 

 

Again, great color. I've been pinning a bunch of bright blue because it's so fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to getting out of winter and the muted tones that it brings. I'm not really a blouse person, so I was skeptical of this top. I know short sleeves tend to make my arms look big, so I was ready for that, but I gave it a try twice.

         
Black dress pants.                                       Jeans.
Don't mind the hubs. He was interested in my new stuff, too! (plus the cat was there)

Ultimate decision: Nope. No big difference, still don't like it, although I didn't hate it like I thought I would. I also tried it with a skirt just in case, but it wasn't worth photographing. While I love the color, the blousy style and sleeve length didn't do it for me. I actually really liked the idea of the tulip sleeve, but it was not flattering on my arm. I could see it really looking great on someone with long, slim limbs. 

Item #3: Market & Spruce- Aleah Heathered V-Neck Dolman Top, Burgundy

 

I loooved this coming out of the box. Loved the color, loved the length, love v-necks, loved the banded sleeves, loved the softness of the material. Seemed perfect. 

    
Jeans and toms. Chill.                              Black pants, black boots,
                                                                              chunky necklace, braid. Cozy.

Ultimate decision: YES! This is so me, and very much what I was looking for to wrap up my winter wardrobe. I could also see doing this with a scarf, a jean jacket, or any other basic items. A very comfortable winner!

Item #4: Gilli- Kelsey Skirt, Black

 

This pattern really wasn't grabbing me and that and the flare reminded me a little bit of Little House on the Prairie (sorry!). Nonetheless, I tried it on, as the stylist recommended, with the dolman top. Ugh. Then I tried it with a brighter color. Better, but still ugh.

                          
With dolman top. I look huge.                                         With bright color & boots, not much better.

Ultimate decision: Absolutely not. So after the skirt from my last fix was so small, I went in and sized up, just in case I had my size off. This one was definitely too big, so I'll go back and change it. But, of course, the style didn't work for me either, so that was just a miss. Fortunately, I already have 2, maybe 3 black and white skirts :) so she wasn't really THAT far off from my taste! I prefer a straight or pencil-like skirt though, it's much more flattering on me. 

Item #5: Market & Spruce- Cordelia Striped Boat Neck Sweater, Black 

 

Initially, I had a lot of negative thoughts about this sweater. I thought it was boring, too chunky, and a weave that might stretch and become huge. But when I put it on I kinda liked it, and it didn't seem to stretch at all.

               
With jeans and flats. Meh.                               With snazzy red jeans.                                Most likely to succeed,
                                                                                                                                                    black pants, boots, braid.

Ultimate decision: HELP! Should I keep this, or not? I don't have anything like it, and I have been seeking warm sweaters to wear in this freakishly cold weather we've been having.

So that's all for Fix #2, but I have 1 definite keep and 2 possible contenders. I'd love to know what you think of my stuff to help me make a decision. Of course, if you're interested in trying Stitch Fix after all this, click right there on that link and check it out. It's so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment